I officially have a working computer again - woohoo! Sorry for the long absence. I can't blame it all on my computer as I've been pretty lazy about getting it fixed. It was a good excuse to spend time getting things things done rather than browsing blogs and Pinterest all night, as I tend to do.
My wedding is coming up next month (September 29th!) and I've been busier than ever trying to get things in order. Of course, we're DIYing almost everything because we're insane (and cheap) like that. And of course I'm making all of my bridesmaid dresses.
"Oh, that's great!" you say. "And how many dresses do you have made so far, Shona?"
Ok, ok...so I have two muslins complete with one more to go and I have patterns and fabric and notions ready. I did have the first dress almost complete but the fabric was a terrible choice. It was thick and shiny and polyestery and I don't know what I was thinking. Pictures will come later because the world needs to see why thick, shiny satin and full gathered skirts just don't mix. My maid of honor already has plans to make it into a Princess Peach costume for Halloween. Ha!
Here's what I have planned:
#1 - Sewaholic's Cambie Dress in a lightweight cotton shirting
#2 - Colette Patterns Pastille Dress in a cotton stretch sateen
#3 - Simplicity 2217 in a cotton stretch sateen. The skirt will be modified to an A-line and the box pleats will be removed.
My goal is to finish a dress each week. I've got a lot of work to do!
Labels: dress, planning, Wedding